Think Creative, Think Creatively Different
The National Design Academy is excited to announce the launch of an Interior Design Awards competition from today (15th April 2014) in conjunction with Creatively Different Blinds.
The aim of the competition is for entrants to produce an original room set design that incorporates a blind from the Creatively Different Blinds product range or alternatively to produce an original design themselves.
Design a domestic or commercial room set that will seamlessly incorporate a blind from Creatively Different Blind’s product range. http://www.creativelydifferentblinds.com/ or be an original design.
Interior design students and newly qualified designers.
Three winners will be picked and will win one of the below prizes.
- Domestic Room Set: £500 cash
- Commercial Room Set: £500 cash
- Royalty payments will be made for the best original blind design – based on purchases over a three year period
How to enter:
Each entrant must produce an original room set design that incorporates a blind design from Creatively Different Blinds’ product range. Entrants can choose any blind design that is displayed on the Creatively Different Blind website or may create their own. Designs should be submitted in the form of visuals.
Please note: If entrants choose to create their own blind design then it should be suitable to use on all different shaped and sized windows. It will need to be able to be perfectly displayed on both a vertical and horizontal window and within a multitude of colour schemes.
In order to qualify for entering this competition, entrants must have emailed firstname.lastname@example.org before 30th May 2014 to be recorded as an entrant.
All final visual designs must be submitted to email@example.com by 12pm on 15th September 2014.
All entries will be collated on 16th September 2014. All entries will be judged by the National Design Academy’s Director of Studies; Anthony Rayworth, Alistair Archer, Managing Director of Creatively
Different Blinds and Senior Design Tutor Vicky Arbuthnot. Each submission will be judged on the overall design of the room set as well as the logic behind the design. Results will be announced on 1st October 2014 and winners invited to a presentation event in Nottingham.
Terms and Conditions
1. Who can enter?
- All students currently undertaking any interior design course or related course at any level
- All students who have completed or graduated from any interior design related course after 1st June 2013
- Students who completed or graduated prior to 1st June 2013 must have less than one years experience in the interior design profession
- All National Design Academy students past and present, subject to the same rules of eligibility
- BIID student members, subject to the same rules of eligibility
- Keen amateurs, subject to the same rules of eligibility
2. Who may not enter?
- Interior designers with more than one year’s professional experience are not eligible
- Employees of the National Design Academy, NDA Private Clients or anyone connected with this competition, including any third party promotional partners (or members of their immediate families) are not eligible
3. Personal Information
Personal data may be used by the National Design Academy and its associated companies for promotion and publicity purposes. This data will not be shared with third parties. By entering this competition, applicants are granting their consent.
All entries submitted to The NDA National Design Award 2014 must be the original creation of the applicant.
5. Final Decision
The judge’s decision will be final and non-negotiable. We regret that NDA will not be able to provide individual feedback to entrants; however, the NDA will confirm safe receipt of all entries. All hard copies of work cannot be returned; therefore we recommend that you take copies of your work before submission.
6. Intellectual Property
All entries will become the Intellectual Property of the National Design Academy and Creatively Different Blinds.
- The National Design Academy and Creatively Different Blinds reserves the right to contact participants of the competition.
- The National Design Academy reserves the right to change any element of the competition, the competition brief or the competition terms and conditions at any time. All entrants will be notified of such changes.
- Prizes may not be substituted or exchanged by the winner. The National Design Academy reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if a featured prize is unavailable.