Students at the National Design Academy receive one years student membership to the British Institute of Interior Design (BIID) as part of their course, which enables them to form a solid foundation for a future career.
So if you’re an interior design student and not a BIID member you’re missing out! Here are the top 5 reasons why you should be a part of the Institute.
1. Credibility. Being a member of a well renowned institution like BIID automatically increases your professional stance, making you more attractive to prospective clients, businesses or suppliers.
2. You will enjoy the benefits of complimentary industry/fair tickets and discounts on trade magazines.
3. Stay ahead! Every student member will have the opportunity increase and build on their skills and knowledge with BIID’s range of “Professional Development” seminars, lectures and regional events.
4. Students have the chance to participate in an annual Student Mentoring Programme which allows selected students to work alongside industry professionals and gain valuable on the job experience.
5. Network heaven. You’ll have the opportunity to converse with other student members, Associates and established Members of the Association. A great way of building links within the industry.