Studying online with the National Design Academy
The NDA has been established for 30 years, and are the pioneers of delivering interior design qualifications online.
In close consultation with our ‘home study’ students at the time, we designed and developed our bespoke online platform, the Virtual Learning Studio (VLS) and established the NDA online community.
Years later, with our extensive experience of teaching online, we continue to develop the VLS, which is still the only online system designed to offer students total flexibility, allowing each student to choose their own start date and work at their own pace following their own personalised study plan.
At NDA we passionately believe that all courses should be fully accredited and our Diploma Courses are accredited by AIM Awards. Other institutions offer courses that are just validated by a university; NDA is an Academic Partner of De Montfort University Leicester (DMU), which is a guarantee of quality for our students. NDA degree students are also joint students of the university, and share additional benefits with on-campus students such as an NUS card, free CAD software, access to Lynda.com (the software helpline and advice site) and access to the SU library facilities by post or online, and to any other university library in the UK. NDA is an approved part of the academic community, confirmed by our .ac.uk domain, which is only granted to qualifying institutions in Britain.
At NDA we understand that not everyone studies in the same way or at the same pace and that despite our best intentions – life sometimes gets in the way! We treat every student as an individual and our VLS allows every student to arrange a study plan to suit their lifestyle.
There are no inconvenient, compulsory log-on times. You can meet and share ideas with other students and alumni in our lively Forum and see examples of student’s work for every module. You have unlimited access to your Personal Tutor and can book a one to one Tutorial by telephone, Skype or in-person. You can also telephone for instant help to our Student Helpline at any time Monday-Friday 9.00.a.m. – 5.00.p.m. Your Personal Tutor will send you timely and informative feedback for your assignments so you don’t need to take an examination.
NDA are leading experts in delivering online interior design qualifications. We listen to our students, and have designed our courses to make it easy for students to progress smoothly from one level to the next; from Diploma to Foundation Degree, to BA (Hons) to Master’s degree, all delivered online through the VLS.
– Accredited Online Diploma in Professional Interior Design
– Accredited Online Diploma in Professional Soft Furnishings & Curtain Making
– Accredited Online Diploma in Garden Design
– UK’s first Online Foundation Degree in Interior Design.
– UK’s first Online BA (Hons) in Interior Design
– UK’s first Online Foundation Degree In Heritage Interior Design
– UK’s first Online Foundation Degree in Retail Interior Design
– UK’s first Online BA (Hons) Heritage Interior Design
– UK’s first Online BA (Hons) Retail Interior Design
– UK’s first Online BA (Hons) Design for Outdoor Living
– UK’s first Online MA in Interior Design
– Totally Flexible online Learning
– No Terms or Semesters
– Choose your own start date
– Study at your own pace
– Individual learning plan to suit your lifestyle
– No compulsory log on times for seminars
– Access your course where & when suits you
– Join other students & alumni in our lively forum
– Gallery of past student’s work for every module
– Unlimited access to your Personal Tutor
– Tutorials on request, in person, by telephone or Skype
– Informative & timely assignment feedback
– Immediate help from the NDA Student Helpline
– Optional Workshops
– Video Tutorials, for AutoCad, Photoshop, Sketch-up, Rendering & more
– Career opportunities & placements posted on the VLS