19+ Advanced Learning Loans
- Professional Interior Design Diploma
- Professional Curtain Making and Soft Furnishings Diploma
- Professional Garden Design Diploma
Provided you are aged 19 or older on the day you start your course you will probably be eligible for a 19+ advanced learning loan. This means that you can borrow all the money for your Professional Interior Design Diploma course without having to pay any of the course fees! You will only start to repay when you earn over £25,000. If you never earn £25,000 or your pension is less than £25,000 you will not need to repay any of the loan.
Note: If you are a member of the UK armed forces serving overseas or a family member living with that member and are aged 19+, you’re also eligible for an Advanced Learning Loan.
It is not possible to gain a funding subsidy and take a 19+ Loan for the same course. You can choose the method of payment that suits your circumstances. Students taking out a 19+ Loan do not pay any of their course fees (just a £50 administration fee, refundable upon successful completion of your course) whereas subsidised students must pay a contribution towards their course fees.
- There are no course fees to pay (just a £50 administration fee, refundable upon successful completion of the course)
- You must be aged 19 before your course start date
- You must have been living in the UK, Channel Islands or the Isle of Man for 3 years before starting your course and be living in the UK when your course starts
- You must be a UK national or have ‘settled status’ (without restrictions on your length of stay)
- You must borrow a minimum of £300 – you may borrow the full course fee (studied either online or in-studio) including the AIM qualification fee
- You must include the AIM qualification fees of £105 – you cannot opt out of the AIM qualification with a 19+ Loan
- You apply directly to the Student Loans Company. The loan is NOT means tested or subject to credit checks and will not affect your credit rating
- When you have finished your course the loan repayments are due to start from the following April – but only if you earn over £25,000 and you can make repayments earlier if you choose to pay off the loan
- Different funding is available if you want to study in Scotland, Northern Ireland or Wales
How to Apply
- Complete the NDA online enrolment selecting the 19+ Loan option in the payments section
- Pay the £50 administration fee (no course fees to pay) – this will be refunded to you on successful completion of your course
- NDA will email you a letter offering you a place on the course BEFORE you apply for the loan. This will give you the course title and code, start and end dates, total course fees, provider name and their unique number, with a direct link to apply for your 19+ Loan
We are listed on the national careers service: https://nationalcareersservice.direct.gov.uk/course-directory.
For further information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/advanced-learner-loan/overview.
For a repayment calculator visit: https://www.gov.uk/student-finance-calculator.